Making your own almond milk is easy peasy. It is great in smoothies, matcha lattes and in soap. Yes soap!
How to Make Almond Milk
- Soak 1 cup of almonds in a bowl or jug of water overnight. Cover with a clean tea-towel or paper towel.
- After the almonds have soaked overnight, rinse the almonds and then place them in a blender with 3 cups of filtered water.
- Blend until the almonds and water are incorporated and smooth.
- To strain the almonds place inside a muslin cloth (or I use a clean pantyhose) and hold over a bowl or jug and strain the almond mixture through.
- Keep the almond milk in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Use the almond milk as a liquid portion of your soap recipe.