Here is a simple, yet luxurious feeling sugar scrub recipe (and you can watch me make the sugar scrub here).
To Make This Scrub…
You will need (approximately)
- 1 jar ~ I am using approximately a 1 cup jar
- 1 cup of raw sugar ~ you can use caster sugar or plain white sugar depending on the texture you are after.
- 80 ml approx of Rice Bran Oil ~ or other oil of your choice from the supermarket isle.
- 1 tablespoon of Calendula Petals ~ optional. I like it for a rustic look, and calendula petals are said to sooth irritated skin!
- A couple of drops of essential oil of your choice. Please keep in mind that you do not require much essential oil (and too much can be harmful). It would be a good idea to find out about the properties of different essential oils and make sure the one you want to use is skin safe (or safe during pregnancy).
The easiest way to make the scrub is to add some sugar and oil into your jar a little at a time. This way you will ensure you achieve your desired consistency. When you have filled your jar halfway, add some essential oil and calendula petals if using these. Stir through and you are finished.
Once you are happy with the consistency of the scrub, store in an airtight container and keep in a dark, dry place. IMPORTANT NOTE: As this scrub does not contain a preservative, it is important ensure that you don’t introduce water into the jar of scrub.
This scrub is not emulsified, so the oil and sugar will separate. This simple means you will need to give it a quick stir through when you go to use the scrub.
To use: take out a small amount of scrub prior to getting into the shower and rub onto skin (avoiding face) in a circular motion. Rinse clean.
What is your favourite bath or beauty treat? Bath salts, bubble bath, bath fizzy? Or maybe a gorgeous body butter?